Downloads stop at random places

XBOX 360 Slim 4G with 250gig add on Hard drive. Hard wired into network router. I've had a problem over the last few months with downloads stoping before completion. for example a recent system update first stopepd at 20%. I can cancel out of the download so the counsel is not freezing. If I restart the download it might go to 40% then stop. Another restart and it may stop at 60%. Restarting enough times will usually download the file. I also have this problem with NetFlix where movie downloads just stop. I have netflix on my TV as well and it works perfectly over the same network. Origionally the XBOX seemed fine with all files and updates loading quickly. I removed the 250gigt HD and reformated the 4gig drive and tried again - same problems. THe more I try things the more I think I'm chasing a hardware issue. HELP!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Are you downloading the contents to the 250GB harddrive?

Maybe you need to format that one too.

Or have you tried to call the support?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've tried downloading to both the 4gig and 250gig with same failed results.  I've formatted both drives and still have problems.  Pulled the 250gig and tried to use just the 4gig -still no workie.  Have not called support so I guess that is next on my list.

Sorry this didn't help.

Start by checking out our Downloading Sticky. If you are still having issues, please post back here with the requested information. Thanks! forums.xbox.com/.../33.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.