Downloading Purchased Game on Friend's Console

I'm staying at a friend's place, and I have downloaded my Xbox Live profile onto his console. I have figured out how to download items (DLC, etc.) I had previously downloaded (to my own console), onto his console while signed into Xbox Live with my gamertag. However, if I purchase new games I have never before downloaded, and I download them to his console while signed in with my gamertag, will they be assigned to his console permanently? If so, is there a way to re-assign them to my own console later?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You would need to do a license transfer on your console in order to transfer the console license to your own. http://xbox.com/drm

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To further add to Smwutches 100% correct answer, the reason for this is that when you purchase content on your 360, you get two different licenses. The first is tied to your profile, which is why you can access your content on any console and redownload it. The second is tied to the console that you made the purchase from (or your primary one when using xbox.com). This is the license that allows any user on your console to access the content, and this is the license that gets transferred with a license transfer.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm starting to understand, but what is considered the "primary console?" Is it just the last console you've logged in at? I'm asking, because I've made purchases on xbox.com since signing in on my friend's console.

Sorry this didn't help.