downloading previously boughten game

ok so my dvd/cd drive is having issues and i'm not sure what's wrong.  I'm trying to install Fable: The Lost Chapters and it reads the first disc and starts up the installation but it won't read the second disc.  I had similar problems with Warcraft III so i just downloaded it off of the Battle.Net since i had all ready purchased it......i was wondering if i could do the same with Fable on the Games for Windows Marketplace......can I?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is this the only disc that you are having issues with? Have you tried using the disc on another console to determine if it is the disc?

To answer your direct question, no, owning the disc does not give you the ability to download it for free on the Marketplace.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

no it seems to randomly read some disc but not others.  it's not the disc cause i've tried it on another computer, so i'm sure it's my drive but i'm not sure what's wrong with it....i made sure it was plugged in all the way and i've updated it all the way and reinstalled it and still nothing......i think i'm just going to get a new one

Sorry this didn't help.

You made sure what is plugged in all the way? Are you referring to the disc drive itself? Was it repaired or replaced in some way?

Sorry this didn't help.