Downloading is INCREDIBLY SLOW

Hi, a few days ago I bought Fallout 3 on demand. My internet is slow, about 2 mb/s, which downloads a gig for about an hour, but it took 24 hours to download Fallout 3 which is 5.5gb. The download speed seemed to vary, it would sometimes take over an hour to get 1% which was 55mb, and sometimes it could get 2% over half an hour. My xbox is on a cable, so it's not wireless. When I run a speed test on my computer while its downloading, I get the regular result like the xbox isn't taking any bandwidth. I bought Trials Evolution, Bastion and and Minecraft about a month ago, and  they all downloaded fine, but downloading Trine 2 right now is even slower. Its been 9 hours now and it has downloaded 55% of this 1gb game. I've done the port forwading thing and DMZ, but it didnt help. I got my laptop and plugged it in the ethernet cable I use on my xbox and ran a speed test, and the results were normal. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

hey there iateaturtle, sorry to hear about your new download issue with trine 2.   could be a few different things

check your hard drive, test your xbox connection, powercycle your home network, or put trine 2 into your download queue from xbox.com

hang in there and do what you can for troubleshooting

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

well if your connection is 2mbps then thats the max speed you could get. most likely your getting around 1.2 to 1.3. Also is anybody else in the house on the internet while your downloading? that could make it slower

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry you are having problems downloading from LIVE, but there are current problems with the network at the moment.  I was able to download a 700MB demo in just under two minutes - although I do have a 60Mb/s line.

It's likely the service you pay for is 'upto 2Mb/s' which means the speed you actually get can vary.

How long have you had this issue?
Does your ISP throttle your connection if you download a certain amount of data? Are there any caps on your connection?
Are they are other computers or consoles on your network that are on-line at the same time?
Have you contacted your ISP regarding your slow download speed?

With regards to port forwarding and such, there is no need to fiddle about with this.  Regardless of your NAT type or ports you have open/closed, your speed will not be effected.

Sorry this didn't help.