Downloading Game from Live when already Purchased disk

I've been having problems with my xbox where it won't read any disks. Won't even attempt to read them. I've tried a few fixes and they don't work. It's an old box so it doesn't really worry me. Most of the games I play are already on my hard drive. Unfortunately, I have recently purchased a disk copy of GTA5 and am unable to play it. 

Is there a way I can download the content without having to pay the $59.95 Live charges? I already purchased the game, I just want to be able to play it. Don't want to spend money on a "new" 360 when the One is coming out so soon. 

Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Sorry but the disc version and downloadable version are separate entities and owning one does not entitle a person to download the other.  

Sorry to hear about your console.  You should check to see if you can get a used one on the cheap.  But double check it to ensure it will access live before you buy it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I bought a brand new Xbox one and i don't understand why you have to install the disk just to play it and I don't like the Xbox one at all it takes way to long to download

Sorry this didn't help.

Modt large gamea requiee you to install the disk because read and write times along with dlcs

All next gen consoles require this

Games tend to be biggwr then the disk and are compressed to fit more

Installs reduce wear and tear on the drive

Sorry this didn't help.

This thread is very old.  For future reference it would be better for you to create a new one detailing your issues for assistance.

Ngocphi is correct in what he says.  I would also recommend getting an external hard drive for storage for your console.  You can connect any USB 3.0 compatible drive ranging in size from 256 GB - 16 TB

Sorry this didn't help.