Downloading Fable 3 - corrupt game data

Dear XBOX Support team,

I am facing problem downloading the full game Fable 3 (size 5.61 GB) which I have purchased via Xbox Live website . I have re-downloaded this game to my xbox 5 times, and every time after finishing the download the game file is corrupt. The game will not be listed in my game library and the game file under system>memory>HDD is labled as corrupt.

I have set the port forwarding, deleted the game and cleared the system cache and tried again and again with no luck. I even deleted the Fable 3 DLC i have purchased and downloaded just in case.

I have the new slim xbox 360 hooked by wire to my router modem. My speedtest results are: Download 14.73 Mbps , Upload 0.85 Mbps.

My account region is USA, and I am currently in Saudi Arabia. Saudi internet never gave me any problems.

I had no poblem downloading and playing online either games , DLCs and demos. Examples:

Section 8 Prejudice

Fable 3 Understone Quest Pack

Red Faction Armageddon - Demo

Castle Crashers

I also have no problem downloading and playing games and DLCs on PS3 and STEAM.

Would appreciate your support to resolve this issue so I can start enjoying Fable 3; I loved Fable 2 :)

Keep up the good work with Xbox Live. Its a great service.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was reading other post and found one where it say the reason for corrupt game file is download interruption. Is this true? however, in my 5 attempts to download this game I believe at least 3 attempts were not interrupted at all. I feel like trying for the 6th time. Bye.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My 6th attempt has failed. I watched as the whole download starting from 0% all the way up to 100% and the results are the same, a corrupt file. This means I downloaded a total of 33 GB of garbage. How much more do I need to try to finally get this game? Please assist. Should I format the HDD? maybe that can help.

BTW, is this the right place to get an official assistance from Microsoft? is there some email I am supposed to send this issue to?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you do these steps in this order: delete corrupt file > clear system cache > restart console > redownload

Also have you tried using a different storage device?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I followed these steps in that order.

And as u kindly suggested, I plugged a USB memory unit (Sony 16 GB) and configured it correctly in system>memory menu. However, the system would not give me the option to choose the memory unit as the destination when trying to download the game. And please don't tell me I have to purchase a new Xbox hard drive for this. That would a waste of money , and the current Hard Drive has plenty of games and DLCs in it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you have the original HDD attached at the same time as this? Try removing it entirely (system off please) and then try downloading it to the USB device.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried:

A. Formatting the HDD and cleared cache, restating system , updating system , recovering gamertag and re-downloading the game to the empty HDD.

B. Removing the HDD and downloading the game to an empty USB storage unit (Sony 16 GB)

I am able to download the game but once its done downloading I get a corrupt file.

I use wire connection and there were no connection interruptions plus I would prevent any other system in the house from accessing the net while the game is downloading.

I am now suspecting that my current location is the reason. But why would it be?  I should be able to download it anywhere I want.

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe try to recover your profile (long shot?). Also, are you having any other issues downloading content, or is it just this game?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, wait, I just noticed that you said you live in Saudi Arabia. That would probably do it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Gwyther,

Are you saying I am prevented by Microsoft from downloading this game after I purchased it and my MS points were deducted? I used the correct region account and purchased the game from the correct marketplace region!  I do not know if you represent Microsoft in any way, but please confirm if what you are saying is true cause you said "Probably".

Look, its simple, any business transaction is only concluded if both parties receive what they asked for. Microsoft got the money, and I got NOTHING. Instead what I got is frustration for days trying to download this game many times without clear reason as to why this is happening; causing me grievance and a lot of wasted time.

If you cant help, then please direct me or this issue to the right authority at Xbox Live management.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are trying to use the Service in a way it was unintended for (using LIVE in Saudi Arabia) then you will get unsupported results. When you signed up for LIVE, you agreed to these Terms and Conditions.

Sorry this didn't help.