With all this talk about Mass Effect 3, I've finally caved and decided to play through the series. Instead of trying to find a disk copy, I decide to use the game marketplace as I like the idea of not having to hunt for the disk and pop it in, I can just turn on the box and start. I had a really good experience with this when playing through Assassins Creed 2 earlier this year and figured I'd do it again.
But I have a problem, whenever I try to download Mass Effect 1, it gets to about 1%, the console freezes/locks up and restarts and repeats this process continually until I remove the game from the download queue and clear the system cache. No error codes are shown and there are no other issues apparent. I have only experienced this problem when downloading one other game, the Warhammer 40K: Space Marine demo a couple. I can download Apps like Netflix and Last.FM without issue. I can download game demos (Mass Effect 3 demo, Dead Space Dismemberment Demo). I can also download game trailers without issue.
I'm at a loss here. I've gone through the downloading trouble shooter, a couple chat conversations with support, and a long back-and-forth on twitte but I'm getting nowhere.
Things I've tried:
- Deleting download fragment from the hard drive
- Clearing system cache
- Deleting the Marketplace Data
- Deleting my profile and re-downloading it
- Removing my hard drive, starting up my console, shutting it down, and reinserting the drive.
- Using a different power socket.
- Directly connecting to my cable modem
- Using my router/AP's "DMZ" feature.
- Made sure the Xbox has decent ventilation. The wifey can keep the thing on all day listening to music and I can come home and play games and watch movies without issue.
- My power brick is showing a green light when the Xbox is powered on and orange when not.