Downloading a game from the XBL Marketplace freezes and restarts my Xbox.

Hey. I have recently purchased from the XBL Marketplace Crysis using MS points however every time I proceed to download the content my Xbox will freeze for a few seconds make a internal clicking noise (only clicks once) and then the Xbox will restart itself. Whenever I go onto my profile afterwards the content will immediately try to download again (as it should do) but it causes the Xbox to have a continuous loop of freezing for a few seconds and restarting. I can easily solve this buy deleting the content through the website and remove the corrupted/incomplete file from my storage and my Xbox will work fine once again.

I do not receive any error message(s) when this happens the Xbox makes a clicking sound and then starts the loop process.

The account corresponding with my XBL profile have matching regions both saying United Kingdom

I have tried many of the troubleshooting options provided already such as:

• Deleting and re-downloading
  • Cleared the systems cached data
  • Re-downloaded the content from download history
  • Re-downloaded my profile
  • Restarting the router/modem
  • Port forwarding with all ports available to Xbox live (88, 3074, 53 and 80 with appropriate UDP/TCP)
  • Deleting download fragment from the hard drive
  • Deleting the Marketplace data
  • Removing my hard drive, starting up my console, shutting it down and reinserting the hard drive
  • Using another power socket
  • There are no objects near the Xbox restricting its' ventilation
  • Tried downloading from the Xbox.com site
I did all of these troubleshooting options with and without an Ethernet cable and I still get the same problem, I'm not going to lie it's a but frustrating. 
I should mention as well I have had this problem with 3 other games as well; 
  • The kingdoms under fire demo - First game back in mid January this year to have this problem - Deleted and removed and never tried it again.
  • Mass effect 3 demo - mid/late February refused to download and proceeded to do this problem - Deleted and removed and never tried it again.
  • XBLA game Comic jumper - mid March gave me this problem - went on Xbox.com and downloaded from there and it worked
However downloading Crysis through Xbox.com as mentioned in the first bullet point list still gives me this problem. Everything else I download works fine and to a great standard! after Crysis failed several times I downloaded some DLC for Castle crashers and that downloaded fine, I have also purchased and downloaded an accumulative amount of XBLA games and add-ons' over the past few months so there is no problem on my end I suspect.
I apologize for the rambling and repeats. Thank you for taking the time to read my problem and offering any advice/long term solutions on this matter :)
Here is an image of my speed, it is usually higher but it's peak time right now

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 44 Applies to:

Bump.

I realise there are a lot of topics asking different questions but I would like some suggestion that I haven't tried yet / overlooked. Sorry if I'm sounding impatient but I purchased content from the marketplace and expected to be able to receive and play the content with high satisfaction but so far that's proving a lost cause.

If there is no suggestion to be given and it's a technical fault with my Xbox please say so and don't leave this question to gather dust or else I will continue to think it's something else.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Given that this has happened with multiple downloads, I'd say the symptoms point to a hardware fault , quite possibly with your hard drive.

I would set up a USB drive as an Xbox storage device, remove your hard drive from your console and try  to download the content to the USB drive.

This should let you know if the hardware fault lies with your hard drive or with your console itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't see any reason that there is a hardware fault with my Xbox. It runs perfectly I am able to do everything expected and I can still download content from the Marketplace, I bought an Indie game just a few minutes ago and that downloaded and plays fine.

Thank you for your input I appreciate it :) Unfortunately I can't try USB for a few days until I get my 8GB USB (the game is over 4GB so my 4GB USB is no use here :P)

Is there anyone else who can give me a suggestion in the mean time whilst I wait to try the above suggestion? or in worst case scenario I know it says "No refunds" but is there any way for me to get a refund? there must be some contingency put in place for special cases. If not, it's no big deal It's not a lot of money and nothing to get fussed over however it does diminish the credibility for downloading games from the XBLM for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, GalaxyMatt. I would recommend trying the USB first. Let us know when you get a chance to try it! Standing by. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok I successfully downloaded Crysis onto a 8GB USB and it plays and works great! I ended up completing it over night on the hardest difficulty :P         There is still a minor issue however, when moving/copying the content onto my 250GB Hard drive it will get about 3/4 of the way and then the xbox will freeze, restart and the game is corrupted on the hard drive, I'm going to throw a wild guess here and say my Hard drive is most likely corrupted (from the kingdoms under fire demo)            It doesn't matter too much right now it's only Crysis right now that does it. Thanks to the both of you for responding and giving me a solution to the problem :)

Sorry this didn't help.