downloading a game back to original console after license transfer before 3 month limit

I downloaded call of duty black ops to my console I then switched consoles with a friend so that I could play games with discs because my harddrive on my original console is broken, and I did a license transfer. That was about a month and a half ago and I cannot download call of duty black ops back to my original console since I have it back.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Have you tried downloading it from your download history?  On the dash go to System>Accounts>Download History.

If it won't work you will need to do another license transfer.  There is a 3 month limit on those.  You could try calling support to see if they can do a manual one for you.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As long as you are using the same owner profile, you should be able to redownload the content. Having a license transfer only effects whether you can use the content online or offline.

Sorry this didn't help.

They there Two! Both above posts are totally correct, I just wanted to add a bit more clarification. Try logging into the profile you originally purchased Black Ops on (the owner profile, as Raett said). Then download from your download history (as Onyx said). You should be able to download and play Black Ops from the owner profile now. You won't be able to play it on any other profile other than the owner profile (and you'll have to be online to play it as well) until your time limit is up to do another license transfer.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did a license transfer using my former friend's profile, when we were still friends, and downloaded minecraft from their download history, and now I can use my account and play minecraft online and offline. So, you should be able to use it no matter what profile you are on.

Sorry this didn't help.