Downloading a delisted game

I don't mean to **** you with a wall of text, but I'd just like to explain where I'm coming from here. As a huge, huge fan of the television show "Battlestar Galactica" and a fairly recent purchaser of an Xbox 360, I was really excited to learn there had actually been an Arcade title developed around the show. I heard it wasn't that great but I wanted to play it nonetheless.

I was disappointed to find out recently that it had been taken off the listings in the Game Marketplace because of those poor reviews. However, I had heard tell of a few times in the past with MS Support for a variety of reasons had helped people circumnavigate the download restrictions like that, whether it was content merely hidden from view or supposedly taken off for good.

So now here's my question: I don't mean to beg or ask special favors, but that show means a lot to me and even if it's awful, I'd still love to play it. Is there any way anyone can help me acquire it? I know it may not be possible, but I called the Support line for LIVE Services and they said if anyone could help me, it'd be someone from the Support Team here. Please let me know if there's anything I you or I can do; it would mean a lot.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 572 Applies to:

I just looked it up, it is an Original Xbox Game. You may only be able to find it via an online shop such as Amazon or you could try renting it first through Gamefly if it is available in your region.

Before you do anything you may want to check and make sure it is on the Backwards Compatibility list to make sure it will play on the console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

I just looked it up, it is an Original Xbox Game. [/quote]

Partialy right Tem, but there was another released just for Xbox Live arcade in 2007, the one your thinking of was released for the original Xbox in 2003. 

OP, the Xbox Live game of 2007 has been delisted, there is no way to download it again now.  The original Xbox game is backwards compatible though.

Sorry this didn't help.

I appreciate the help, but I want to double-check with an actual Support Team member if possible. I don't mean to be rude and dismiss your help; far from it! But I want to make absolutely sure about this. Like I said, I've heard about special favors for people in the past and I hate to ask myself, but that show means the world to me for a myriad of reasons and I want to do anything I can to try and play it.

Thanks again!

Sorry this didn't help.

If the game is delisted, there's no way "around the block" as you are suggesting. Support can't generate a code to "create a sale" of the game, because there's no "game" there to sell. Your best bet, if you really must play the game, is to find someone who already bought the game, have them come to your house, with their gamertag, and re-download it to your console. Or bring it over on a thumb drive.

But even then, there's absolutely no way you could "pay" for the game, because again, there's no way to generate a sale. You could (in theory) play the trial version, or play under this hypothetical friend's account.

That all said, it's really a bad game. I mean, it's just....  It's no "Yaris" but it wasn't good. The typical "shmup" just with BSG ships.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know it's terrible, but I'd still like to play it. And sadly, no one I know has it or I already would have done just that.

So games that are delisted are totally taken off the marketplace? Not just hidden from normal view like DLC for Collector's Editions of games and that sort of thing?

Sorry this didn't help.

Correct. Once it's been delisted it's completely removed unless Microsoft or the publishers decide to add it back for some reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright. Wanted to give it a try at least. Thank you all for you help! Slim hope though it may be, I can only hope the game will be relisted at some point in the future :/

Sorry this didn't help.

I paid my points for the game, wasn't that happy with it, deleted it, now i wanted to go back and give it another shot.  Does't exist anymore.........   Guess i'm just screwed out of my points and money.  Thanks xbox, way to go....  :(

Sorry this didn't help.

If you're still using the account that purchased the game, it should show up in your download history and you can redownload it - support.microsoft.com/.../962228

Sorry this didn't help.

Kung Fu Panda was Delisted on Xbox360 :(

Sorry this didn't help.