Downloaded xbox arcade games

I have purchased and downloaded few games from xboxlive to an external hard drive. Now if i have deleted the games from my harddrive and download it again will it work?

Is these games are binded to my XBOX LIve account / Gamertag? How this work? If i share my xbox live account to some other friend can he use the same downloaded games in his xbox?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

First: Yes, anything you buy is licensed to two things: your gamertag and the console you use to buy it. So, if you ever change consoles, your account needs to be logged in to use whatever content you downloaded. (There is a license transfer tool available if you do have to change consoles. http://www.xbox.com/drm)

But yes, you can re-download (just about) anything you paid for. There are some very limited exceptions to that rule. Just access your "purchase history" (either via the website here, or on your console).

Second: Never share your account. First, it's against the terms of use, and second, if you did let someone use your account, and let's say, they go play "World at War" and start using "infections" or put some message in your profile that says "I will give you _____ in exchange for ______" (i.e. selling services or mods) then you'll lose the account.  Plenty of people have been banned, quite recently, because "oh, I let a friend use it while I made lunch" or "oh, my kids played on it while I was at work" - and now those people have no more account.  It's up to you, and you alone, to protect the account!

FYI, if your account is ever banned, you LOSE anything you paid for. Just, you know, if you still want to risk it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.