Downloaded music does not get added to cloud collection

Hi, I have two connected issues with xbox music. Resolution of the first will also remove the need for the second.

First: when I download music to my phone from the store using my xbox music pass, the music is NOT added to my cloud collection. This means that when I log into my PC and open the music app using the same xbox music pass, none of the music I downloaded is in my collection. I would expect the songs to be added to my collection and ready to stream or download.

Since the songs were not added to my collection, I downloaded them manually to my PC from my phone using the Windows Phone app. I expected to be able to import them to my music collection in the music app manually. The music files are all in my music library, but the music app is unable to open them and throws error 0xc1010091 when I try. I would expect the music to be auto-added to my collection since all of the files are in my music library and I am using the same xbox music pass on both devices.

Thanks,

Andrew

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hello Redi,

Sorry to hear about your issue with the Xbox Music app.  Let's do a proper re-install of the Xbox Music app on your Windows 8 PC.

1) Right-click on the app's tile

2) Select "Uninstall" and confirm

3) From the Metro UI, type"WSReset.exe" and press Enter

4) After confirmation that the store cache has been reset, restart the PC.

5) Re-install the app.

Once you've re-installed the Xbox Music app, try your tunes again.  Let us know here what your results are.  We'll be here waiting to hear from you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same issue of songs downloaded to phone are not showing up in my collection. I see this in the web UI as well, so my first question is if this is expected behavior and if it is how do I keep them in sync?

Sorry this didn't help.

Purchased tracks will appear in My Collection at Music.Xbox.com, however tracks downloaded with a Music Pass will not appear there.

Sorry this didn't help.