Downloaded games that just don't work.

Has anyone else had an issue with purchasing games online only to find that they are unplayable? I've had this with two games in particular. Madden '15 worked ok for a little while, for the last month or so, it has been literally unplayable. From the moment I load it up, it just stutters and slows, almost like it's in slow-motion. (It's clearly not a settings issue as A. I haven't touched settings ever and B. it happens in the menus too.)  I've contacted EA Support, and they have yet to provide any explanation. I've deleted the file and re-downloaded it, and it still won't work. 

The other game is Fez. I can play about two hours of the game, maybe? And then it just breaks. It doesn't just freeze the game; it freezes the entire XBox 360. I have to totally shut off the XBox via the power button, since menus are not an option. I have been given no explanation as for why this happens, but the game is totally unplayable. It is broken. I've tried the classic "delete the file and re-download it" thing, and again, it doesn't work.

So basically, I've spent about $40 on video games that just don't work and I can't play. ($10 for Fez, and I bought Madden during one of their sales for like, $25 or $30).

Has anyone experienced either of these issues, or anything like it? Were you able to get the games working? Or is it basically tough luck, thanks for wasting money on a broken product? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  How old is your console?  What type of console is it (FAT/Slim)?  What size hard drive do you have for the console and where did you purchase it from?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a 360 S 250 GB model. It's maybe a year and a half old.

Spent most of the day messing with stuff. I found that I was able to get MADDEN '15 to work after deleting everything - the game, save files, updated files, et cetera - off of the cloud storage as well as my own memory card that I typically use for save data. When I re-dowloaded the game and saved everything to the console's own hard drive, it seemed to work. Tested it a bunch. Seems ok now. Not sure what happened, but it seems ok now.

As for FEZ, it's still just messed. The title menu will open, and I can select continue game and it just freezes the entire XBox. I deleted the game, then cleared the cache. (I was in a chat with someone from support, but my internet went out near the end. She had me clear the cache, look for any files that seemed corrupt, then shut down the console. That's where my internet went out for a while.)

Sorry this didn't help.

It may have been an issue with the memory card you were using.  They have a habit of messing things up when they start to die.

Sorry this didn't help.