Downloaded Games On Demand..

What happens at the end of the XBOX 360's life cycle when the online is eventually discontinued? Do we have to go out and buy enough memory sticks to re-download all the games we had purchased over the years so we won't lose them forever? Personally I am a huge fan of being able to download full retail games, it is just that the hard drives are so small, I fill them up quickly and have to delete older games to make room for new downloads.

One day i'd like to buy enough memory cards to get them all back, but I was curious as to what happens if we don't download all our games before the XBOX One has full taken over. Would be nice to be able to somehow incorporate old purchases into the new system, but I know as of now the One is not backwards compatible.

If I am thinking too far ahead then thats ok, but it was something I have had on my mind now for awhile, being that I am an avid supporter of the digital downloads.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

The games still exist on your HDD.......

If you don't delete or move them, they will be availible forever. (or the life of the HDD)

Multiplayer, Updates and DLC maybe unavailable but,  just like using a disk, everything else will be fine.  Local multiplayer will still work too.

The Xbox Live service isn't going anywhere for a few years.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

i guess his question is more meant in a way:

if xbox live on 360 is discontinued (like gfwl service seeing its end), can i still play my games on demand?

as long as your games are saved on hdd and your xbox which currently holds the licenses is doing its job, in technical sense your games will still work with the same reasoning as you could play them offline.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.