downloaded game not working

A few weeks ago i downloaded grand theft auto from the xbox dashboard and it didnt work so i tried deleting everything from my harddrive to see if it was an issue in memory still didnt work. So i tried a few times deleting and redownloading GTA still didnt work then it finally worked it downloaded on to me harddrive so when  i tried to play the game it said that i must have an xbox harddrive to play this game, so i thought must be an error in the download so i deleted it and tried AGAIN! and guess what it downloaded but said that i must have an xbox harddrive to play this game to say the least im a very unhappy customer i would either like a refund or a proper explanation as to why it wont work and yes I have followed all the xbox tips so if i do get an answer please dont tell me you dont have an idea because i seem to get that alot especially when i call activision regarding cod black ops they always tell me the same thing we will send you an email regarding steps to help lol anyways thanks if you can help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

If it's an original Xbox game it does require an official MS hard drive in order to run because the hard drive has the emulation software required to run original Xbox games.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the info so i own the new xbox does this mean i must buy the 250GB in order to play this game thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Correct, all backwards compatible games require an official HDD, and that is the only official HDD for the Xbox 360 S.

Sorry this didn't help.

It happened to me the same, but I have the 4GB  version of XBOX , so I bought something that I cannot use ??? I did not get the warn ??? how is that possible ???

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello javiferreyra! Sorry to hear you've had a frustrating experience! However, all Xbox Original Downloads should carry the warning that an Xbox 360 Hard Drive is required in the description. An example of this warning can be seeing the in Overview of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It's the first line:

Sorry this didn't help.

my grand theft auto just wont download it says it is and when it gets to 100% it starts again at a rondom percentage

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there XiFuzi0nz XD - can you please create a new thread about your issue, since it is unrelated to this thread? Thank you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.