Downloadable Demos via xbox live

Im not really sure if this is the correct forum to talk about this, but here it goes.....

Has anyone else noticed that the quality and amount of demos has seriously gone down in the last couple years??? I've had my 360 for 3 years now, and when I first got it, there were new games almost every week, and they were good ones that hadnt been released yet. Now, you're lucky to find ONE new game in there in a month. My question is, why wouldnt microsoft want to release more? I for one, would live to test out certain games to see if Im going to buy them. I remember thinking I really wanted to get to first UFC game, but wasnt going to unless I had a chance to test it out. Well, I finally got my chance, there was a demo well before the release date of the actual game. My opinion is, that if they did this with more games (especially the really popular games) more people would buy them once they came out. I mean, what is the point of putting out a demo for fable III right now?!?!? Or Halo reach....The game has been out for how long, and you're just now releasing a demo for it??? Maybe Im just crazy, but I think the company could make more money off these games by releasing a demo BEFORE the game comes out. Maybe someone knows why microsoft doesnt do this? Maybe someone knows how they choose which games to release??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It's actually up to the developers to give Microsoft a demo. So they can't release one unless they have one. Why more companies aren't releasing them as often, I don't know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.