download stops for no reason

at first i thought this problem might have just occured with Forza 4, but im currently downloading the Ghost Recon beta and i had the same exact problem. in the case of Forza, i would try to download a car pack from the in-game menu and the xbox menu would pop up and it would start to download. so while this is going on i assumed i can go play some single player, yet when i go back to check my active downloads, nothing is there. so basically i have to have the dlc loading screen up the whole time because if i back out of the screen back into the game, the loading stops and disappears. it is not pending or anything, it just completely disappears. the same just happened to me with Ghost Recon. i am in the Splinter Cell menu and i go through the game to the marketplace to download the beta. i backed out of the screen (i just hit 'B' not "Cancel Download") and went to play single player. the download was nowhere to be found after that. so i tried downloading again and this time i just closed the loading window, and again the content just stopped completely and disappeared. how do i fix this? because this never used to happen...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

I've had this happen before when downloading dlc or games.  I just had to leave it at the loading screen and walk away.  I'm not sure why you cannot leave the loading screen tho'.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've seen this when downloading from an in-game menu. What I've done in the past to bypass this is to start the download there but immediately cancel it. Then, go to your download history and re-download it from there. Now, it should behave as normal and allow you to play single player while the download is occurring.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.