Download smart DJ playlist songs locally on wp8

After wasting too many weeks trying to come up with a decent sync solution between my Win 8 PC and WP8 with no luck....  I thought I would just try to use the WP8 as a stand alone and  not worry about keeping the PC and WP8 synched.  My favorite feature of the Zune software (PC) was the smart DJ playlist feature.  If you liked the list all you had to do was "check" save as playlist and the software would save it, download all of the files in the list and sync it with your Zune player automatically for offline use.  While WP8 has the smart DJ feature, I can't find a way to download the files locally to my phone's SD card.  I can only stream the playlist unless I painstakingly go into the store, find every song in the list and download it individually!  Why is MS trying their hardest to keep us from downloading content.  I can stream mixes for free.  I have an XBOX music pass so that I can listen to anything without an internet connection.  They have totally destroyed the Zune pass experience!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 35 Applies to:

Hi all,

If you do wish to see any features or extra functionality added to your Xbox Music experience, we always appreciate feedback and suggestions over here. It is a great way to have your voice heard if you wish to see future improvements with any product or service. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What a lame response!

I wish I had found this post prior to purchasing my WP8.  MS obviously had everything figured out with the Zune software for saving smart dj playlist and downloading the songs.  I wonder who's greed led to this change.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Samairbo,

We're constantly striving to improve the Xbox Music service and it's functionality across devices.  We appreciate you bearing with us while we are working to make the Xbox Music experience the very best.

Thank you very much.

Sorry this didn't help.