Download purchased games to PC, then install to console via external drive?

I recently purchased a few games on the marketplace (gotta love Black Friday sales :P  So make note, talking about TOTALLY legal games here!  Bought and paid for, no piracy.).  However, the network at my apartment suddenly decided to go into NAT meltdown and it's kicking me from everything having to do with Xbox Live.  It normally bounces between NAT Moderate or Strict but still mostly useable and playable, and the download speeds were awesome.  But suddenly when I really need it, it's just dead.  It'll come back eventually, most likely, but the "internet guy" at the apartment claims there's no fix (which is bull, since I've fixed NAT errors before on networks before I lived here...  Takes about 10 minutes, potentially.).

However, I really want to download these games and start using them.  So is it possible to download the games via PC (which seems to work fine all the time, oddly enough) to an external hard drive, then connect that drive to the console and install the games?  I know that's possible with system updates, but I wasn't sure about games themselves.  Just to reiterate, these are games purchased directly through Xbox Live, so nothing illegal being asked :)  Just want to play the games I purchased, that's all!

Anyway, if you have any thoughts, I'd appreciate the help.  If all else fails, I find another friend who also pays rent and use his internet...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sorry, but there's no way to download the games directly from the PC. It will only allow you to queue the download to start when you connect your console to Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.