Download problems

I bought Resident Evil 4 online yesterday and I am having trouble downloading it.  First of all, the download is incredibly slow.  It's taking about 30 minutes for each %, which is not right.  The file is 3.59 GB and my internet speed is 1 Megabyte/second.  By that speed, I should get 60 MB/minute, or 3600/Hour, which is basically the whole file.  1% of 3590 MB is 35.9, that's how much I'm downloading every half hour.  That's about 19 kbps.  My pc is running fine, and I am downloading this with nothing else connected to the internet.  Also, to make matters worse, if I try to do background download or just leave it on, the download just stops after a few minutes and I have to go to the store page and select redownload, where it resumes where it was.  Can anyone help me with this?  Any tips on how to speed it up?  Oh, and I have an Xbox 360 Slim, and it's connected to my modem through an ethernet cable.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there Jedi! I understand you're having trouble downloading a particular game. Is this the only file you are having trouble downloading, or do all downloads behave this way? Can you also let us know more about how your console is connected to the internet (wired or wireless, how many other devices share the network, etc.). Finally, can you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. We look forward to helping you more, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, the problem suddenly stopped, it started downloading at normal speed at around 70% completion.  No more problems.  I have no idea what happened, just a hiccup.  Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.