download not available due to my location

hello everyone. so im in germany for work at the moment and decided to buy a new 360 since im going to be here for some time. i bought the xbox here in germany and everything is in german on the box so its not an import of any kind. with the xbox came three games as downloads (halo reach, alan wake, and fable iii). the instructions for installing the games are all in german, but when i enter the code in xbox live it tells me halo reach is not available for download due to my location. how can this be? my ip is defiantly from germany so what gives? 

recap: bought an xbox in germany bundled with 3 games, connecting from germany, but cant download game because its not available due to my location. this just doesnt seem fair to me. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

my xbox live account was originally a US account. i just reactived the membership here.

is there anyway around this?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have switched countries and want to access Xbox LIVE from your new location, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new region.

Bear in mind that even if you download the content with a secondary (German) account, the first xbox the content is downloaded to will have a license for the content. Basically that means you can still play the content with your main (US) account, earning achievements and such.

So my advice is to create a new account, one with your German address, use that account to download the games, then you can sign in with your US account and you should be able to play the games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here in Brazil happens the same thing...try to create a Xbox live account from US and redeem the code from this account, that should work

Sorry this didn't help.