Download games for kids with my Xbox Live gold account, but they can't play them with their account.

When I download and purchase games for my kids using my Xbox live gold account they used to be able to play them with their accounts. Now they can't. What changed? They can only play trials that I have downloaded, but if I buy it, only I can play the full version, they only see the trial game.

Thanks,

Blizz

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Before we jump to a license transfer (which can now be done once every 120 days) let's get a little more info.

OP: Can you describe your setup; are you and your kids using multiple Xbox consoles, or just the one? Do all these consoles have access to Xbox LIVE connection?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When the console changes so does the licenses meaning if this was not the purchasing console then yes only the purchasing console and gamertag can use the content offline.

However if you do the once a year drm transfer you can transfer the license using your gamertag at www.xbox.com/drm and follow the steps

Then all profiles can use the games

Sorry this didn't help.

can some one let me know about that im going to buy two xbox 360 making it three of them in my home do i have to get gold membership for all of them or can i get the family membership

Sorry this didn't help.

Unless you want one profile to be carried on a USB drive and use sneaker net to play online one at a time or if multiple xboxes want to be used online at the same time

A profile can only be loged into live on one console so if more then one xbox wants to be connected to live yes it is cheaper yearly to buy the family plan.  Remeber to read the description dlc is only associated wit the purchasing console and gamertag and is not shared across the family plan

Sorry this didn't help.