Download fail

For the second and last time I attempted to download a game via on demand, mostly because I couldn't be bothered to go to a shop. Neither game worked when downloaded to the xbox hard drove, which is fairly annoying. I was advised by someone on a forum that the game, Madden 13, may jot be in the correct format to work as an electronic copy so I should try putting it on a USB storage device and run it from there, this worked. The second game, Fifa 13, will not transfer to a USB stick and the xbox does not explain why. As far as I can determine, Microsoft is selling games which it knows will not work and furthermore, they do not know how to make them work either, having had several pointless discussions with the support team. deleting the game and re-downloading it (now three times). Clearing the cache, deleting profiles several times and various other tactics have all proved fruitless. Microsoft seems unable or unwilling to explain why certain titles do not work, however their team seems to have plenty of advice on what to do, which suggests this is a common problem. If this is indeed the case then they are most likely guilty of fraud. Knowingly selling a product(s) that do not work. Rant over, anyone know if I can download games onto a usb stick instead of the hd?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

sorry bro but in your case there isn't u may buy it in stores sorry but someone had to tell you ;(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Northers,

It sounds like you have tried the right things in order to get your games to work but just to confirm have you done the steps in this order below.

• Delete the game: System Settings > Memory > [select storage device] > Games > [select title] > [select content] > Delete
    1. NOTE: If you don't find the game or add-on here, try looking in the "Games" level for a file called "Unknown Game". Delete this instead.
  • Clear system cache: System Settings > Memory > Highlight HDD, press > Clear Cache > Yes
  • Restart the console
  • Re-download from purchase history: System Settings > Account Management > Download History > [select content] > Download Again

In addition can you give us a little more information about your console.  Is this an original Xbox 360 or a Xbox 360s?  Did the hard drive come with the system or did you get it afterwards?  What size is your hard drive and how much free space do you have left?

A good test to try is to see what would happen is if you removed your hard drive and used your USB for your storage device.  You would need to re-download your profile and any updates but then you can try to download your games and see if they work correctly.  Get back to us on how things go and we can see if we can get you up and going

Sorry this didn't help.

does your region of your account match your actual location?

if not that maybe why

Sorry this didn't help.

hi,

Its an original xbox 360 and i'm using the HDD that came with it. There is about 32 gb of space left. I have done all the things you suggested, 3 times! Lol.

An update on the situation: by moving an update to the usb stick I can at least get the game to start, though when it gets to a game i get the same disk error message. Am trying to move the game again, in case that works.

If not will try to see what happens when I remove HDD. Am I right in assuming that I just take out HDD? Will it work in the same way for downloads etc? Any advice much appreciated.

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Northers! Here are the steps for removing the hard drive: Install Xbox 360 Hard Drive | Remove Xbox 360 Hard Drive.  You'll want to have a USB drive in (and in fact, you can move your profile over to that USB before you take out the HDD, to make the process easier on yourself).

Sorry this didn't help.