Download being excruciatingly slow.

Microsoft have *** me over on many things. One of them being that I have 7 dead xbox 360 systems. I had an xbox slim that broke 1 month after it came out, and an elite that broke 1 week after purchasing. Anyhow... My xbox has fallen to yet another of Microsofts flaws, oh wait, my other 4 did also. It stopped reading disks. So I thought I would spend 2900 Microsoft points on downloading Halo reach. But after 15 hours of downloading, it has done 41% And I am getting disconnected from xbox live every 10 minutes or so, So I pretty much baby sit it to reconnect it. Live works fine when I am not downloading anything, did a speed test and got an A. So it is not my internet. Any ideas? Or have I yet again fallen pray to the money grabbers called Microsoft. This would be my 8th Halo reach copy purchase. If I recall it did give me the message "can't download this item" and stopped download in it, so I restarted the download. I have more than enough space on my hard drive.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Are you getting repeatedly disconnected ONLY when downloading, or also when playing online and during other situations? If it's not just during downloads, it may be your router causing some issues.

For example, do you connect on a wired or wireless connection? That can affect download speeds depending on what you choose.

As for your console, is it under warranty? After the download issue is resolved, a repair would be recommended. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I connect Via a wired connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

if it is a mobile 3g internet you will always have slow speeds

this is why you must use a broadband connection

Sorry this didn't help.

Very sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading Halo Reach, runescape. I understand situations like this can be frustration, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

It sounds like the disconnections are isolated to when you are attempting to download something. Is that correct? Can you please take a look at this sticky and try the steps listed: forums.xbox.com/.../153154.aspx I'd also be interested to see your speed test as well so be sure to post back with the results!

Thank you in advance. Standing by for your response.

Sorry this didn't help.