Download Add-Ons

Hey,

can i play an add on with every gamertag of my console after downloading it with one xbox live gamertag?

Because my account with all stats, achievements and so on, isn't connected to xbox live (it was but i forgot my dates to log in -.-) and i've got another account which is connected to xbox live and so i would like to download the add on with this account and would like olay with my "play-account" :D

So fit this?

Thanks for answering!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Yes all of your DLC or add-ons for games should be available for all profiles on your Xbox 360. I have heard of some downloadable content not being able to work but to my knowledge these are related to specific DLC items.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Some of the DLC may work from account to account, as long as It Is on the same Xbox. For other DLC such as games, it may require you be on the account from which it was purchased. Other DLC may only work If the same account from which it was purchased Is logged In as well.

To play it safe, always purchase DLC from the same account which you will be playing on the most.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

take a look at this link: support.xbox.com/.../download-content

It will explain how the licenses work. Whenever content is bought and downloaded on a console, the license should be on the console and on the account. And when the licenses are on a console any profile should be able to use that content, as long as the console is connected to xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

So when you say some Add ons work on every account, other don't, could anyone say it surely for the Sykrim Dawnguard and Hearthfire Add on?

@WPAK: When you say the console has to be connected to xbox live during playing the content. That would be crap because i play only offline and have no internet connection to my xbox normaly...:(

Thanks for answering!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Elch,

Thanks for coming in with your question. The general rule-of-thumb is that if you are playing on the console that the DLC was originally purchased and downloaded to, any profile can play the DLC on that console. If you wanted to download the DLC to a different console than the original purchasing console to play on, the purchasing Gamertag would need to be signed in to LIVE on that console for it to be accessible.

Let's say you've gotten a new console to use as your primary console.  If that's is the case, you can use the steps in the link that WPAK and KnightJEM posted above under "Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?"  Those steps will show you how to transfer the content licenses to the new Xbox 360, and be able to use the content on the new console just as it were the original purchasing console.

Hope the info helps.  Let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

your account should be able to use the content in offline mode as well, as long as the licenses are on your account and on that specific console.

Any other profile will need to have the console be connected to xbox live, and on any other console your account will need to be connected.

Sorry this didn't help.