dont you think upcoming update in fall for youtube on xbox should be available for free users too instead of xbox gold members?

i really would like to see youtube for free users too. Since youtube itself is free then why we pay for it through xbox gold membership. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="familylovesxbox"]

i really would like to see youtube for free users too. Since youtube itself is free then why we pay for it through xbox gold membership. 

[/quote]

Incentive.

Also, If M$ gave stuff away for free it wouldnt have any money to spend and continue to make its service superior with new and better apps and online service.

i agree to an extent that maybe there should be a free version with restrictions aswell as a premium full access app

[quote user="RAW Keaka"]

[quote user="familylovesxbox"]

[/quote]

Incentive.

Also, If M$ gave stuff away for free it wouldnt have any money to spend and continue to make its service superior with new and better apps and online service.

[/quote]

Don't forget the money for interactive marketting, cause they don't make enough off of user fee's and the amount of advertising they put in the dashboard (Adboard maybe?) already!

Free gets you nothing in real life why expect it from xboxlive. GET A JOB.

They might give limited use but I highly doubt they give silver members full access. Most of the apps added to XBL are free and I think silver members only get limited access to them so expect MS to do something similar with YouTube.

Silvers get zero access to any apps.

The 360 is turning more and more away from being a game console to being more a PC every day.

Just like online play, YouTube is an add incentive, for those who want it, to go Gold.

it would be nice if you could get it for free ,microsoft could easily just add a web browser to the xbox ui .

but you would have a better experience just watching from the computer  anyway.

so it's not really a loss

Yeah, as stated, it's another incentive to upgrade to Gold, along with Twitter and Facebook.  If you don't like having to pay for Gold in order to access them, then just use the services for free on your PC?