dont put your banking info in xbox live for purchases

TO: whom it may cuncern

my account was fraud-ed and i have been locked out for more than 30 days...and i have not received the money that was taken from my bank...if i knew your system was that unsecured i would of never put my banking info in your system... you can go on YouTube to learn how to steal gamer tags it takes about 10 minutes to steal one..what do you have to say about that...pretty bad that Bill Gates invented computer code and his own company cant provide a save system to pay for the goods and services the Xbox/microsoft provides...may be Apple should come out with a gaming system, that probably was some of Steve jobs unfinished business...i want to bash my xbox with a hammer and go buy a playstation....i have called your customer support about six times and have gotten no where...
unhappily,
jerry mccray 
gamer tag rubberhead41 
(951)202 9142

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Same here mate. I lost 2800 MS Points. Someone purchased "Gold Premium Packs" from my account. I emailed them but nothing so far.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There are a limited number of ways anyone can gain access to your account:

-you give out your personal information including e-mail and password (this is most commonly associated with people trying to obtain an illigitimate rank in a game without actually earning it)

-you are phished (this is common amongst the free ms points/generators that you see offered around the internet)

-you are socially engineered (this happens when a player engages another in seemingly senseless chit chat about their lives, but turns out to be a 20 question
session trying to gain your personal information so they can steal your account)

-you use an unsecure PC (typically you will want to have your encryption turned on if using wireless and be running a good anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-
malware program as well)

-you use the same e-mail address and password for your XBL account that you use for other websites/services (for maximum security you should be using an
e-mail address and password just for XBL that you do not use anywhere else)

-you thought it would be a good idea if your friends/family knew your log in information (you know, in case they want to play)

In addtition to the above the following are ways someone can get a hold of your credit/debit information:

-if you don't shred your mail (bank/credit statements) before you bin them.

-if you shop online using an unsecure PC.

-your bank/credit institution security is compromised (happened a few years ago to several banks)

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Sir,

When hundreds of users are complaining from the same thing, which happened to them within the past week, then this certainly isn't user's fault. Having a game which most of us(hacked people) don't own and played from our GTs, then purchased loads of stuff for it seems to me like we were hacked due to Xbox Live security being breached. I tried to contact Xbox support via e-mail but it seems nobody reads those e-mails or it's taking them days to answer one.

Sorry this didn't help.

happen same to me

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys! If your account has been compromised, please contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) and ask to start an Unauthorized Access investigation. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.