Don't get "hyper-excited" about Halo Anniversary Kinect

So looking through the net bored I found this article Here>> here

it basically says this below

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary's top secret Kinect functionality won't "in any way, affect the core gameplay," 343 Industries staff have assured OXM.

The comments, which will appease Combat Evolved fans irked by the prospect of wonky motion-sensitive marksmanship, form part of a giant Halo feature in our next issue, out 4th August.

Franchise development director Frank O'Connor played it casual over the reboot's Kinect features, remarking "we don't even have a date pencilled in for that announcement".

"I don't think it's going to be something that people need to be hyper-excited about," he added. "It'll be cool, but it's not something you'd put on the front of the box.

"I don't want to downplay it, but I think of it like this - I use voice on Netflix and it's awesome, and that's what this'll be. Something that enhances you overall experience."

The mention of voice control in particular is presumably incidental. Or is it? At this point, your guesses about Halo Anniversary's Kinect functions are as good as ours.

Check out our preview and see what you can dream up. And stay pumped for issue 76.

Interesting ... So will you be using the voice commands?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

So it's official...  The only thing Kinect is good for in triple-A titles is voice control.

How in any way can you use Kinect voice control for Anniversary? Master Chief barely talks.

Maybe it's you who's the voice or cortana ? Lol

May be it's for all the whiny kids who will play it online I dunno it just seems like for triple a titles such as mass effect gears of war and halo if they wanna be involved with the xbox it needs to have something with kinect...

Which obviously the halo guys aren't happy with and haven't even bothered announcing the use of kinect like mass effect did...

Only reason why mass effect made it seem so big was because that's now a multi platform game so the xbox needs to seem to have a 1 up on the other competition

"Xbox! I need a weapon! *AHEM* XBOX! I NEED A WEAPON! Xbox? I need a weapon? Xbo--ahh! Forget it!" *Plugs in controller..*

[quote user="Kinectimal"]"Xbox! I need a weapon! *AHEM* XBOX! I NEED A WEAPON! Xbox? I need a weapon? Xbo--ahh! Forget it!" *Plugs in controller..*[/quote]That's not supposed to come until the Halo 2 remake. :P

I don't get excited about ANYTHING related to Kinect.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am not considering purchasing Halo Anniversary for it's Kinect integration.  I would be very surprised if many people did.

[quote user="fotyfoe"]

[/quote]

I don't get excited about ANYTHING related to Kinect... Or Halo... Or any FPS.

Couldn't I just do the voice stuff with my mic? No reason for me to raise my voice at the kinect.

[quote user="fotyfoe"]

[/quote]

This