Don't spend too much of your youth, staying up all night, playing games, drinking energy drinks and eating fast food

I used to be a hardcore gamer. Playing Halo in a lan all night with my friends or going into matchmaking until dawn. It was great, then we all became 21. Instead of energy drinks, we were able consume other refreshments.

The point is, lack of sleep, sitting around and poor nutrition is unhealthy.

I'm not stating that you should stop playing games.

Consider this.

Drink water everyday and find some time to be active outside in the sunlight. Especially if you play games more than 4 hours a day.

Stay hydrated and stay healthy.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I spent 2 years staying up a lot of nights and playing games, that was back in high school. Didn't really drink any energy drinks or eat fast food though.

Sure, it was crazy falling asleep on the couch, waking up and continue playing (usually Halo 2). We would all fall asleep in the lobby, a lot of the times with our headsets on. I had a lot of fun back then. I wouldn't really do it now since I have more responsibilities but maybe once or twice for nostalgia :D

They are great memories though. Gaming doesn't seem so special anymore, so theres no reason to do it. Me and my friends all got Mass Effect 3 on release date and spent 14 hours on multiplayer, but just for the day. Now I have hardly played the game (story MIGHT have had something to do with it :P )

[quote user="Madman Universe"]

I used to be a hardcore gamer. Playing Halo in a lan all night with my friends or going into matchmaking until dawn. It was great, then we all became 21. Instead of energy drinks, we were able consume other refreshments.

[/quote]

Have you damaged your health so much that you can no longer work and why do you still play games if you feel that way?

Gaming can be like a drug.  I know a few people that have actually destroyed everything in their lives because they couldn't play less than 14 hours a day.  

14 hours each and every day?! I can do that occasionally (very rare), but everyday...I would be so bored of gaming

That was a conservative figure too for a couple guys on my friends list.  After 2-3 hours I have to stop.  I'm a physical person.  I need to move.

Yeah I'm not too crazy about staying up all night playing games but I used to do that all the time. I grew up and matured and now I just play a couple hours a day, at most maybe about 5 hours or so. I used to stay up all night playing Fable way back in the day...   good times.

Well everything in moderation, someone always says.

What crazy person said that?

[quote user="epiXtactic"]

Well everything in moderation, someone always says.

[/quote]

Said by those forced into moderation often.