Doesn't Microsoft Own Rare, Meaning They Also Own the BattleToads IP

Am just saying because past Battle Toads games were made by Rare so I was thinking they had that IP. It would be pretty cool seeing the franchise be rebooted. Also I realized Microsoft does have enough IP's to make a smash bros clone like Sony. They have the Maw, Splosion Man,Ms Splosion Man, Comic Jumper, The Gunstringer, Banjo Kazooie, Viva Pinata, Battle Toads, Fable, and the recent Microsoft Acquisition of that mobile game studio so they have max and the magic marker and also Tentacles. If they needed more they could get more indies like Fez and Minecraft.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Rare is too busy making Kinect junk.

[quote user="cris178"] Also I realized Microsoft does have enough IP's to make a smash bros clone like Sony.

[/quote]i know what youre trying to say... but i think you mean "enough ips make a smash bros clone like Nintendo"... or "a smash bros clone of their own"...

MS owns a lot of IPs but they would have to dig into last gen and PC titles.

[quote user="cris178"]Doesn't Microsoft Own Rare, Meaning They Also Own the BattleToads IP?[/quote]Not necessarily.  Rare also made Donkey Kong Country, but they do not own the rights to that.  Just because they made it, does not mean they own it.

That being said, I don't know who owns Battle Toads, but I would like to see a reboot as well. 

To quote Phil Spencer: "You do not want a xbox smash bros clone".

Nintendo & SEGA (now Software Developers), still own the rights, to many of the game titles etc..

Im pretty sure Rare still owns the rights since there was a rumor a few years ago that a new one was coming to Wii.  Which alot of people came out saying it was fake since Rare owns the IP.  I tried looking around to confirm it but couldn't find anything but links to the above rumor.

We already have an Xbox version of Super Smash Brothers. It's been out for years.

People need to give up on Rare and move on, the developer we knew is long dead.

Battletoads was so hard! I always remember by the time I memorized the level where you're on some kind of motorbike I would only have a few lives left and just die on the next level.

-

I still have it on my old nes, but a remake would be great!