Does Zumba actually work?

Because as far as I can tell, all it actually does is what any Zumba Fitness DVD does.

Even if you stand still and don't move AT ALL, it goes green and tells you you're doing well and getting moves correct......??

It's not my Kinect sensor before the inevitable comments start. Dance Central works PERFECTLY minutes after playing Zumba.

Utter garbage. Seriously, how do they get away with releasing stuff like this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

All Zumba really is essentially is dancing in one place for a long period of time. It burns calories, so sure, it works to some extent. But I don't think you should have to pay for something which is basically already free. You can dance if you want to, or you could leave this all behind.

When I asked if it worked, I meant the actual game itself i.e. does it actually work properly in-game. I found, as I said above, that it doesnt detect you properly, if at all.

For instance, if you are not moving it thinks you are and even says you are doing the dance moves correctly if you are standing still as a tree!

THAT is broken to me.

Any game made based off a fad is going to be ***. I'm sure if we had this technology when hula hoops were popular you'd have 'hoopla dance' and it would be *** too.

Apparently what happens in your copy of the game (not recognising movements) is the same for everyone (googled it and read some reviews). I reccomend taking it back or if not possible write a letter to the company who published it and demand your money back.