Does Xbox Music support scan and match like iTunes Match?

I've been looking for a way to clean up my MP3 collection, and looking for for two things 1) one that offers scan and match and 2) one that allows you to upload songs, and then re-download better quality songs if you want to re-download on your computer.

So if a user like me is basically looking to get a service, not even to listen to the music but just to clean up the mp3 collection (better quality, album art, id3tags etc), does xbox music even support this? I would like to stick with it over xbox music...but if not I guess it's off to the dreaded iTunes.

Thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi thesimbadogg,

You can update the meta data on your collection if you are looking to apply proper song names and album art to your files. You can do this by going in to the My Music and clicking on Open or Play Something. From there, navigate to the area where your music files are stored. Select each file you wish to edit and then click Open in the bottom right corner. then click on My Music and right click on the files you wish to edit on the next screen. On the bottom of the screen, you will then see a Match Album Info option. From there simple select the proper info to apply. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.