Does University stop or impend your gaming?

So, like the highly intelligent student I am, I decided to apply to sub par universities to study Journalism. I was just wondering, for those of you who attend or have attended/attempted a 3 year degree, if this has a direct affect on the amount you game? Or, does it give you more time than your GCSE's/A-Levels did (or your countries equivalent)?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I didn't game at uni to busy chasing girls and getting wasted, not to mention studying.

Well im in college now, its a commuter school. But the same principles still apply, it is college after all. I have found that depending on the day it impacts my game time greatly. But for the most part your game time won't drop a whole lot, or stop for that matter.

In my area of the US a High School student could spend 5-7 hours a day in school.

My transition into college was weird. For me, I never have more than three hours of classes a day and I was done but 12 everyday.  I’ve never had so much spare time in my life. The only problem is how to spend that time and gaming is probably not the best option most of the time.

^^  Keep in mind to anyone reading this that Dragonball's situation is extremely uncommon for college freshman to experience.  My freshman year, I got stuck w/ classes at the worst times.  2 hour breaks in between classes, and was stuck at the university from something like 9am to 3pm.  My senior year, however... no school on friday... was at school from 9am to 12pm.  Easy peezy.

Might have just a bit less time for games, but you won't find yourself unable to play games at all. The worst that could happen is you maybe don't let yourself have enough time for sleep and feel too tired to play games until the last classes are done for the week, but as a full time student myself, I can say I can get enough time to play games.

I actually had much more time to play than I did back in high school, which was from early morning until 2:30 PM. Studying and homework did take up some of my free time in college but at the end, I definitely had more time to game than before.

Sounds good then. While I am obviously going to spend a lot of time metting new people and studying, I think if I begin to combine my gaming and Journalism degree and write more reviews and so forth (An aspect of the course is online journalism) I can get the best of both worlds.

I attend a traditional 4 year University and I've honestly had more free time then in HS as well and I do take an 18 hour course load. It just how you spend that free time will determine how much time you have for gaming. Personally I don't bring my 360 up here because everyone is suddenly your friend when you have a console, I don't want it to get stolen and I have younger siblings who I let play it while I am gone.

-

However, I do have a 3DS I play here and there and my Laptop.

Although i wasn't gaming at uni i had far more free time then than i do working now, probably depends on the uni and the course but i think i only had about 3/4 2hr lectures a week and spent the rest of my free time doing part time work

I go to Penn State and I game all the time. To be honest, it completely depends on the classes you are taking that semester. Some semesters you will be taking classes that are more demanding outside of the class. Some semesters you will be taking classes that aren't that demanding. The one semester I had my schedule so perfect. I only had classes on Tuesdays and Thursday. I had so much free time to game. It was incredible.