Does this happen to any of you?

Hi, I noticed something today after I prestiged for the 4th time or so. I seem to somehow do SOOO much better during the first 15-20 levels than when i'm up in the 40s or at 50. It's weird. I will literally be playing TDM and keep around a 1.5 or so K/D, and then i say, "alright, time to prestige" then i suddenly start going 4.0 K/D or higher with the same weapons I used right before I prestiged. It's almost as if the game "helps" me out a bit and people die faster or something. Kinda weird. Anyone else experience something similar to this? Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sadly, I've noticed this also.

SniperFrog

I can't say I've noticed it before. I tend to have a varied range of scores in Black Ops so I do well one match and then poorly the next, and so on. Still, maybe it's because the game tries to find other lower levels or something? I don't believe the Black Ops matchmaking works that way but it's possible all the same.

well u sea that's the thing... i paid attention to the competition after i prestiged and there were at least 2 or 3 other people with higher scores per second and the rest of the room was of high prestige and rank for the most part... i.e. nothing was different from just minutes before i prestiged... oh well... i guess the world will never know

I agree with the sniperfrog thing ................

I honestly think there is something up where the game is for or against you. Weapon stats seem to change with use/nonuse. Hits seem to register sometimes and sometimes they dont. You could call it lag, which I'd agree with to a large extent, but it seems to go further than that. I've had a complete turnaround mid-game with no host migration, where part of the game I cant seem to lose, then suddenly just cant kill anyone.

But mostly I've noticed it after I use a weapon or not use it, for a while. I've had it where I try a weapon for a day or 2 and think its the worst weapon in the game so I stop using it. Try it out a while later and think its one of the best weapons.

You can check the vid in my sig. Now I believe this was lag related ....... but theater shows it in my favor from my view, free roam, and even from the other player's pov.

That night I backed out of about 6 games in a row becuase of bs .. each match I wound up like 0/9 and 1/12 before I left with crazy things happenning before I left. I'd chuck an easy grenade throw, have it go off course, bounce back and kill me. I'd spawn over and over with an enemy looking at me, I'd shoot a guy 4 or 5 times with a good aim ( hardcore mode) without a hitmarker.

Then just as quickly as my bad spell comes, it disappears and I start doing just fine again.

Sniper Frog for sure and I DO notice it all the time. If you use a certain weapon for a while it will eventually become useless.

interesting points... i notice those strange occurrences all the time as well.... i'll go on spells where i get close to 5 hitmarkers with an AR and die over and over again... then after i prestiged was getting 2 shot kills with the enfield... oh well

[quote user="Spud 72"]

Sadly, I've noticed this also.

[/quote]

I'd like to clarify that I only ever noticed this the first few levels when I Prestige. That's it. I do not buy into what I like to call, the "sniperfrog excuse".  All the other oddities that happen in this game I attribute to lag and poor design decisions(and maybe me a little), but never the silly sniperfrog garbage.

Nope...I've had awesome games as level 1, and consistently awesome games as level 50.

I've only intermittently noticed anything strange in BLOps compared to the trash fest that was MW2.  Which for the record was a hypertension, stroke inducing crisis waiting to happen on  a nightly basis.  My rage quit ratio has dropped dramatically since Blops and Im grateful for it.  I think there is just crappy netcode and some nasty lag from time to tiime.  No sniper frog.