Does the region set the game language?

Hello

I stated the US as my region because I wanted to make sure I could play games in English and not in German. I had no idea this would be punished because I see no harm in that ...

Now I realized that this way it is impossible to buy Microsoft Points because I cannot add my payment info correctly. So I am kind of stuck.

Will my games be in German, when I switch region? Is there a way to switch region?

Is there a way to play the game in the original language and still be able to pay from Germany?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

So how do I purchase MS points? Do I have any chance at all?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="railRude"]

So how do I purchase MS points? Do I have any chance at all?

[/quote]

You can make a free account (German) and then buy Microsoft Points from Germany and then download things with that account. You will still be able to use your main gamertag to access them as long as they were downloaded from the same console.

The only problem would be downloading region-locked content.

Sorry this didn't help.

not really

if you check the german marketplace it will show you what languages are available for that game

payment options must be in the same region as the account also ms points are locked to the region they were purchased in

Sorry this didn't help.

You can always purchase prepaid cards for MS points. They're a tad more expensive than buying them on the marketplace with a credit card, but that's really minimal; with a credit card you get 8.3 MS points per Euro paid, with a prepaid card it's 8.0 points/Euro.

As for in-game language, that depends on the game itself and your console settings. Some games come only with the voice overs in the language of the country you bought that game. For example, if you buy Halo: Reach in Germany or Austria, the game will be in German regardless of your region and/or console language. Some games like AC: Brotherhood check the language setting of your console and then provide that language by default, but you can usually change it manually in-game.

Sorry this didn't help.