Does Skyrim use DT or DR?

I don't have an opinion either way, but I'm curious. Bethesda seemed to be giddy with excitment about using damage thresholds in New Vegas, so it would make sense if they stuck on that path.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"Please be DR" was my first thought when I read this. I don't really know how DT would work in Skyrim, given how the prime damage done to New Vegas was to do with automatic weapons, but I had nothing against DR.

You hate it because you can't cheat its system?

@chainsmokingbob:

Did I say anything about F3?, dont you dare to comper it NV *#$t...

"Nobody, is perfect"... -(nobody)-

^

NV was good, it was just buggy. Since you're still playing F3, apparently (not a bad thing), there are great aspects to both Fallout games.

Please dont include anything that will remind us of that NV fiasco, thanx.

"Nobody, is perfect"... -(nobody)-

DR = Damage Resistance. It reduces all damage so if you have a piece of armor with a DR of 10 all damage is reduced by 10%

DT = Damage Threshold. it blocks all damage that doesn't pass the threshold so if your armor has a DT of 10 and you take 15 damage only 5 goes through. If you take 5 or 10 damage you take no damage (or very little in the case of New Vegas)

how exactly was new vegas worse than fo3? there were some features that new vegas could've done better, but the story and most gameplay was a marked improvement to fo3. ammo types, damage threshold, skill speech checks, and more were all welcome changes to the gameplay, just some of the monsters and whatnot could've had better aspects of gameplay, or whatever, i'm drunk.

What is DR and DT?

[quote user="BootstrapGolem"]

how exactly was new vegas worse than fo3? there were some features that new vegas could've done better, but the story and most gameplay was a marked improvement to fo3. ammo types, damage threshold, skill speech checks, and more were all welcome changes to the gameplay, just some of the monsters and whatnot could've had better aspects of gameplay, or whatever, i'm drunk.

[/quote]

Skill checks in New vegas were horrible and broke the game for me. i like how in fallout 3 it was percentage based. i like how you could have like 80 speech but still fail a speech check and vis versa... have like 10 speech and somehow get lucky and pull it off.  the whole you have 49 speech so you cant pull off the needed 50 check is absolute rubbish.

I know that in F03 you could just reload the game so that you never had to level speech but its all up to the integrity of the player. i hate new vegas's system.

It's DR (if the description of perks are to be trusted). Bethesda didn't do most of the work on NV, Obsidian came up with DT. Which in my opinion was a much better system, and made more sense. Though I'm not surprised Beth decided to use their own idea again for Skyrim.