Does Green Thumb count towards the achievement: "Made In New Haven"?

Hey everyone, I just picked up Borderlands less than a week ago and have been trying to complete EVERYTHING there is to complete in the game. Well I went for the achievement, "Made In New Haven". I completed all quests from New Haven, Old Haven, Middle of Nowhere Bounty Board, and both Rust Commons. Apparently, I skipped the quest Green Thumb. I didn't realize it until after I beat the game but yet the achievement "Made In New Haven" still popped up for me. I never completed Green Thumb and have heard mixed answers saying the quest does and doesn't count towards the achievement. Any responses?

-EDIT- The achievement popped up once I found Steele and right before I fought the Vault Boss. If this helps any.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

just do all the missions in your log listed for Rust Commons East and West plus New Haven.

finish Trash Coast, Earl's Scrapyard, and all your claptrap repairs. turn them in and get all the new quests and do them.

It's not only listed on the Wiki but if you read a game guide book for borderlands it's listed there too.

There is a reason why the Claptrap pops up reminding you that there are more missions available to do, because those are the ones you need to finish to get this.

But really if you want this Achievement the do every mission you can find.

[quote user="CosmicStrike"]

Yes it does... see the wiki

borderlands.wikia.com/.../Made_in_New_Haven

[/quote]

Come on Cosmic this is obviously a troll. PS: I got the achievement way before I ever knew that quest existed. DOES NOT COUNT.

[quote user="CosmicStrike"]

[/quote]

Well actually, I just checked the Borderlands Wiki (by the way never trust Wiki's or Wikipedia because anyone can change the contents), and it says in the notes under the required quest this exactly: The achievement, along with the other, can be obtained even if you don't complete every different mission, but a certain number of missions in each playthrough.

So I must have done a different quest instead of Green Thumb that triggered the achievement.

i thought it was a sidemission on the fyrestone made in fyrestone-guess i was wrong.

[quote user="war4n0th1n9"]

Green Thumb does NOT count towards ANY of the achievements.

[/quote]

Ok, good! Thanks for both the responses.

Green Thumb does NOT count towards ANY of the achievements.

Alright, thanks. I'm pretty sure I forgot to apply some and sold them on accident. Good to know you can keep getting them on other playthroughs. (Does anyone know about the Green Thumb question, though?)

In regards to backpack slots, after play through 1 of just the main game (not counting DLC), the maximum is 42: 12 original plus 3 each for the 10 claptrap rescue missions.  If you have only 36, you missed three of them.

Refer to the Borderland wiki, http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Storage_Deck_Upgrade, to see if you missed any of the missions. It is possible to miss some on your first game as some of the clap-traps could be missed if you only follow the primary storyline.

If you are sure you did all 10 missions, check your inventory.  Maybe you forgot to "apply" some of them, which means they are using space rather than increasing it. On my very first play through I did not realize that backpacks had to be applied (until the second or third one).

Good luck.

Also, I just realized this but, I rescued ALL the Claptraps and got all the SDUs and I believe I used them all. But I only have 36 inventory space? I don't believe I sold two SDUS on accident. Answering both my questions would be appreciated. I realize this are just most likely either glitches or just me being stupid. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!