Does GOTY morrowind work on the 360?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="Boe Boe12"]

Yeah I was wondering this also, I want to pick it up before Skyrim see if I like it. Is it worth getting?

[/quote]Yes.  Some die-hard, long-time fans of the Elder Scrolls series consider it much better than Oblivion and the same goes for the predecessors of Morrowind.  I thoroughly enjoyed both of them and, yes, Morrowind has much, much more, but I think the quick travel and the lack of constant crashes made me much more content with Oblivion.

Yes it does.  Be warned though, the controls can be a wee bit shoddy at times.  I suppose the same holds true for most original Xbox games to some extent or another.

Yeah I was wondering this also, I want to pick it up before Skyrim see if I like it. Is it worth getting?

Well this will be my first elder scrolls, I want to get a feel for it. Is the combat leveling the same in Morrowind as Oblivion, where the enemies level with you? Also, is there DLC I will have to buy? Sorry not trying to hijack the thread

[quote user="doomsoth"]

[quote user="Boe Boe12"]

[/quote]Yes.  Some die-hard, long-time fans of the Elder Scrolls series consider it much better than Oblivion and the same goes for the predecessors of Morrowind.  I thoroughly enjoyed both of them and, yes, Morrowind has much, much more, but I think the quick travel and the lack of constant crashes made me much more content with Oblivion.

[/quote]

But the fast travel is part of what really hurt Oblivion for us. That and the fact that everything around you levels up right along with you. That really took the diversity and complexity out of the combat system. It feels like you are fighting the exact same battles over and over again no matter what level you are. Morrowind's combination of Daedric and Dwarven ruins also made for some forboding and dangerous areas that were so satisfying to come to when you were finally strong enough to dive in. I never really felt threatened by what was inside the Ayleid ruins and forts in Oblivion.

Morrowind had fast travel as well by way of the Stilt Strider. While it was fast travel, you still had to have an idea as to where you were going and had to pay attention to your directions. You didnt have everything handed to you like you do in pretty much every other sandbox game now days.

Alright, thanks :)

Bump

I know the original does for sure.  Not sure about the GOTY.  I have both copies.   I can throw it in tonight after work to check and get back to you later.

You can only get the 2 expansions that come with the GoTY version.  Everything else, is PC only nowadays.

Personally I'd play it on PC as it plays good on any newish PC without any issues and has better controls, tons more content and better visuals.