Does Career get harder?

No I'm not leet by any stretch of the imagination, a quick check of the leaderboards confirms I'm nowhere to be found.

But...

Even with all assistances turned off except the clutch, I can beat these opponents in career mode almost with my eyes closed. In fact the only challenge I get is when i don't know the track and have to take it easy till I do.

However I had a race just on race mode with the opponents set to professional and they left me for dust - last by pleeeeeeenty. NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!!!

My question is as my career progresses and I reach the professional series, do the opponents get harder, hard like that described above?

Because you can only make money in career mode but at the moment career mode is game ending trade-in boooooooooooooooooooooooooring. I want the challenge like found in the single races in my career mode. Am I gonna get it or is it as good... err boring... as it's gonna get?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can make money online or in rivals mode. you don't need to just use the career.

What Aseros said.  You can make money in Rivals or online racing, and in Events mode if you want to play offline.  Events mode also lets you set the AI difficulty, and you do earn money, experience points and brand affinity just like in Career mode.  I think the only thing extra you get from Career mode is that you get free cars each time you level up up to a certain level.  

But in answer to your main question, yes career mode does get progressively harder.  I'm only partially through career mode so I don't know if it ever gets to the same level as when you have the AI set to Professional in Quick Race mode, but I would guess it does by the end.  

Personally I treat career mode more as a guided tour through all the tracks, rather than as the main attraction.  For each track it brings up, I switch over to Quick Race mode or find the track in Events mode, and then learn the track until I can beat the professional level drivers with all assists (except clutch) off.  Then I go back to career and do that race, at which point it feels easy, and then see what the next track it gives me is.   For me career mode isn't the main fun part, I just like that it feeds me the tracks in a nice order, going progressively from simple and easy tracks to harder ones.  The main fun for me is in Events, Rivals, and online racing, and learning to tune cars for each track.

If I'm not mistaken, the AI in career mode will adjust to how you're playing, and as you get faster, the AI gets progressively more difficult (note I didn't say "better"...*looks in OG Pooh's direction*...lol).

So in theory, if you're stinking it up your opponents should be pretty lousy as well...and as you start putting down some good laps, you'll find your opponents more difficult to beat.

In my opinion they seem to just get more aggresive, not harder mind you, more aggresive.  I have had more AI pinch me out of the inside line into the dirt because they will no doubt smash you then let you have the line( I kinda let them run me to the grass cuz' I hate a dented (insert badge here) and spaz out when my cars get whacked by the uber aggro AI.

-

so I guess it's "more of a challenge" the further you progress through career, as long as you don't like your auto smashed to bits.

Turn off all assists, and set difficulty of AI to the max. If you still find this easy, then you are a racing God!

Not sure what season you are on, I am in my 9th season and have some races where the AI is quick, but even more aggressive.  I personally find it to be annoying and forces me to drive aggressive, which I prefer not to.  When I lose a few races, the next few seem to be easy until I start winning again.  

-

As for the game getting boring for you, I suggest tuning, painting/livery and Rivals.  I have literally spent hours tuning a car to not only help me understand what each adjustment does but to also increase my lap times.  

-

Rivals mode is quite the mode when it comes to competitiveness with friends or community.  It is currently my favorite part of the game.

-

The other aspect of racing games, that may or may not interest you, is using a wheel.  If possible a wheel with Force Feedback.  I only say this if you truly enjoy semi-sim racing games on a console.  It adds so much more to the experience and it was what really got me hooked.  Of course if you already have a wheel, disregard.

-

Hopefully you can find that ''fun'' factor in Forza, good luck!

[quote user="racingbones"]

Turn off all assists, and set difficulty of AI to the max. If you still find this easy, then you are a racing God!

[/quote]

The only assist I have on is no clutch (Manual, but no clutch) and I have the driving line on the first couple of times on a new track. Every thing else is off and/or set to simulation.

But this set the AI difficulty to the max you're talking about- how do you do that in Career mode? That's the one difficulty tweak I want but I can find nowhere where you set it in Career, only in single races.

And believe me I'm not that good, wouldn't even bother the leaderboards anywhere anytme but these chumps I'm racing against in career mode... the only way I find I can make it competitive (because I want A RACE) is to jump in a jalopy clearly inferior to the rest.

And yeah I tried Rivals and I know you can paint cars and tune them and all the rest but the one thing I want to do is raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace. Race with a full field, not againts ghost cars or the clock or anything else.

So I hope they pick up the quality soon because I'm getting bored real quick with these parade laps.

In the career races you can't tune the difficulty, it's set to "world tour" difficulty. My only suggestion to make the career a bit more challenging would be to save your tune set up then tune down your car before the race. May seem tedious but you will  get more of a challenge.  

-

what year are you on?

[quote user="StabYoFace"]

what year are you on?

[/quote]

Expert, whatever year that is, got to around lvl 20 something.

But I deleted all the saves and started again looking for more of a challenge. I intend to take them all on from D to as high as I can get it with the last of the V8 Interceptors. Just had a race with it in A Class (upgraded from D) and it's like riding a bull... on a sheet of ice.

Still room to move too, haven't changed engines or drive-trains yet so it should get interesting.

I believe the AI gets progressively harder if you are racing in World Tour mode. If you are racing through the Event List, they don't.