Does anyone have a Indie Game Idea?

I have been studying XNA Framwork for a couple of mouths now. (Just if you was wondering, XNA is a tool set with is used alongside Visual Studio, this allows programmers to write games for the XBOX Live Indie Market, as-well as Windows Games and Windows 7 Phone and many other Windows OS devices).

I'm now ready to start designing a game for the Indie market to start with, and I'm just wondering if anyone as any ideas on a concept for a basic game. Is there anything you're ever wanted to see or you think is missing from the market that the community may enjoy.

Cheers for any input guy/girls.
Thanks MonkeyBoy.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I would like make games. But I would do it as XBLA and retaill game.

[quote user="Dakrkplayer2"]

[/quote]

I would love to make a XBLA game one day, however the amount of work, time and people needed to make something that size takes a lot. I've been studying C++ & C# for a couple of years now, but my skills are still at a beginners level. I'm just try to make something simple to start with.

[quote user="NameMonkey Boy"]

[/quote]

I would love to make a XBLA game one day, however the amount of work, time and people needed to make something that size takes a lot. I've been studying C++ & C# for a couple of years now, but my skills are still at a beginners level. I'm just try to make something simple to start with.

[/quote]

Reason I choese thoese. Becoues having achievements in games is a money make thing thoese days.  I do not want sale less due to lack of achievements. I wish they allowed achievements in indey games. Becoues I would start that small if they did. That I know that it will sale.

Check your Private Messages

Reason I choose those. Because having achievements in games is a money make thing those days.  I do not want sale less due to lack of achievements. I wish they allowed achievements in indie games. Because I would start that small if they did. That I know that it will sale.

[/quote]

The reason Indie game don't have Achievements, is mainly because they are designed by independent game developers & hobbies like myself with have limited time, resources and limited in size of what they are allowed to publish. It would also be ever so easy to write a game that can boost someones game score which MS would not agree with.

However you have made a good point here, a Indie game with Achievements would be very successful. And at this point in time I'm not sure if I plan to charge anything for the download. I will need the check though the term and conditions for publishing on LIVE. If MS allow Achievements there no reason why I can't add Achievement Challenges.

Bump

If anything, I think a puzzle game would be a great start.