Does anyone else have trouble finding slimes?

Seriously I've only ever found one and that was before the update. How else can I make sticky pistons?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Lots, everyday sense the update has been spent searching for slimes. No luck.

any tips to finding some?

Not sure why my post disappeared.

mcslimes.appspot.com/index.jsp -This is a slime chunk finder that find which chunks in your seed slimes are most likely to spawn. Not sure if this works on xbox though. I'm working on a slime spawn room atm.

I just used it and all I got was a blank map. I hit random seed and it gave me another blank map. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

What you do is type in the seed, and the coordinates (central point) of home or town, and the desired distance. Less distance=less travelling. Then dig down to bed rock and open the chunk. Chunks are 16x16 areas. It helps to bring a map to see where your x and z are.

You have to add distance. Not sure why this makes a difference but I made the same mistake.

Oh I didn't know I had to fill everything in. I'll have to load the game up and figure out my coordinates.

I've no luck still.

They are very very hard to find. They take forever to spawn. Sit in the area they are supposed to spawn in and just wait. It took mine 45 minutes to show up so I just screwed around in there. Also, make the area a little bigger than you're supposed to. Slimes only drop about 3-4 slime balls at a time, so you may have to duplicate them.

Is there still a duplication glitch you can do that's not patched?