Does anybody even fall for Airdrop Traps anymore?

They seemed to only work for about the first week this game is out. Now, it's just obvious when a care package is fake, so it sits there for ages. Anyone else think this was a stupid idea?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You would be surprised at how many still do. To many greedy people out there. That's why I run Sitrep so I can tell the not so smart people to keep away so I don't end up in a double or triple kill from them opening it.

As Teddymouse said, you'd be surprised. I've been running the care package trap for this prestige and I get about 3 packages a game and get atleast 1 sometimes 2 of them being detonated by the enemy resulting in a couple of kills.

-

The key to their success (for me) is where you place them and making out you're trying to get it yourself by defending it to make it seem more believable. Domination is a good game type I've noticed when you call it in on a flag you've just captured, chances are an enemy or two will come in to take it from you and 1 person will not be able to help themselves and grab it killing himself and team mates.

I am getting the title and emblem at the moment and as mafivee says place them where your team are and keep back or move on, you can always pretend to be trying to get back to your package as well if you die after calling it in, that always sucks them in apart from the players running stirep

And if your having no success move to another game lobby, there are always plenty of suckers on Xbox Live

People fall for them all the time. What really bothers me is when someone like myself is running sitrep (always do) and I tell my team mates that its a bad package and they are still greedy enough to take it and get killed.  People just cant help themselves sometimes.

I tend to toss it when I know I am in trouble and try to sell that I was trying to get a package so people get it. My clan will try and protect it for a bit and back off as the other team move in. Those tactics work 75% of the time. The 25% it does not is when you get the players that are there just for the kills or people that run Sitrep.

If you want people to fall for it just lay down next to it like its something valuable. They will kill you and try to take it. BOOM!! I've gotten a couple people by doing that. It's just funny.

I'm still getting kills with it

I never touch enemy care packages because of them.

I had a double and a triple off them yesterday. I usually troll peeps by crouching and fire a few shots but let them kill me. Yesterday though I was aiming in the sky and throwing it to what ever flag they had and they was all falling for it. A guy on my team was using it also and I heard his going off too.