Doctor Who Season Pass

What is the release schedule for the Doctor Who Season Pass?  

The episodes show in Britain on Saturday night, and they usually post to Xbox Video the Sunday morning following.  Last weekend the new episode was available on Sunday morning, but it has yet to appear this week.  Is there going to be a pattern to the releases?

On a related note, I see it is already available on Vudu.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 43 Applies to:

If past experience is any guide, it's probably going to be random. I had a similar problem w/ Archer and was told that MS has no control over when the content provider releases it to them.

If it's already available on Vudu, I suspect the explanation I was given by MS was likely a partial truth and MS has greater responsibility for when content becomes available on their systems than they're prepared to let on. If they truly don't, that's arguably more embarrassing in that a company like Vudu gets preferential treatment in their contract terms/has better infrastructure than MS does.

On balance, I suspect MS is merely attempting to manage customer expectations by disclaiming control over the release schedule, when in fact they do have access to the content earlier, but their internal infrastructure is incapable of consistently delivering on time. It would explain why a wide variety of shows seemingly had no problem being released the next day, but now they can't make any guarantees. If they never had control, it would follow that these problems would have been prevalent then as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

We try to get the episodes on the service the day after they air.  However, there can be technical issues that can delay this,  I'm investigating why this episode isn't available yet and we'll reply once I have more information.

Microsoft Movies & TV Team

Sorry this didn't help.

It appears that the episodes are available on all digital video services (Xbox Video, iTunes, etc.)  a week after air on television.

Microsoft Movies & TV Team

Sorry this didn't help.