DOB

Hi, can someone tell me how I can change my date of birth on my xbox live account please. Many thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Changing an account age is not an option.

I could not find out how to change your date of birth. Call microsoft or chat with a staff:  http://support.xbox.com/

You are not allowed to change you DOB so no you can not go back and lie about your age.

[quote user="AngryWaffle97"]

I could not find out how to change your date of birth. Call microsoft or chat with a staff:  http://support.xbox.com/

[/quote]

You didn't find anything because once an account is created it can not be changed. Your only option OP is to create a new account. And no, nothing is transferable from one account to another.

There are reasons why certain content is not accessible via a child account. It works that way in real life too. 

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

[quote user="AngryWaffle97"]

[/quote]

You didn't find anything because once an account is created it can not be changed. Your only option OP is to create a new account. And no, nothing is transferable from one account to another.

There are reasons why certain content is not accessible via a child account. It works that way in real life too. 

[/quote]

Microsoft should NOT be sticking their nose in my parenting though. If they do feel they must though by blocking features and content that they do not see fit beyond my parental judgement, they should not be charging 60.00 a year for a child account.

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

Microsoft should NOT be sticking their nose in my parenting though. [/quote]

They are following industry standards, laws and internet regulations. 

What laws? The Supreme Court ruled that a ban on M rated games to minors in unconstituional. My son is legally allowed to buy and play a M rated game with my consent just as he is allowed to watch an R rated movie in a theater under my supervision.

If Microsoft wants to follow some made up set of standards, a child account should NOT cost 60.00 a year.

60.00 is a fair price in my eyes...

Even though many of the features of the account are locked?

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

What laws? The Supreme Court ruled that a ban on M rated games to minors in unconstituional. My son is legally allowed to buy and play a M rated game with my consent just as he is allowed to watch an R rated movie in a theater under my supervision.

If Microsoft wants to follow some made up set of standards, a child account should NOT cost 60.00 a year.

[/quote]Here is the thing about M rated games. All stores that sell games rated with the ESRB MUST CONFORM TO THEIR REGULATIONS. So no your son is not allowed to buy an M rated game without that store recieving a fine from the ESRB and/or them not being allowed to sell games rated with the ESRB.