Do you think XBL Minecraft will ever be able to have online servers

Like online servers where you can have more than 8 people and a bigger world?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hope

I hope so. I want to go to the Disney World server so bad but I don't have my own computer so it would be nice to have it on the xbox.

[quote user="gxcard1"]

i doubt they will change the servers, because pc only gets so many people on it because most people pay for server where here on xbox we get our servers for free not counting xbox live gold

[/quote]

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. There are many games on Xbox where one can BUY their own server. BF3 being one of them.

Well computers have a better processor, so it can handle tasks like hosting a server (Depends on what computer) Xbox isn't meant for that. Also, if you leave your Xbox on if you were to host a 24/7 server it could give you red ring or crash your console. Yet not a bad idea.

i doubt they will change the servers, because pc only gets so many people on it because most people pay for server where here on xbox we get our servers for free not counting xbox live gold

dose any one have a Minecraft Xbox 360 edition  if you do add me

4J as hinted in a few interviews I've read that rented servers could come in the future. With larger maps because a lot of the data can be shifted onto a server and reduce the RAM usage on XBOX. That said 4J are a small developing studio so it would take time for all these things to happen if they happen.

-

I can't remember where I read these interviews but they won't be hard to find via google.

well by the time that update comes out the Xbox infinity will be out, and with an enormous video card, and multiple core processor, i think that even 200 players wouldn't cause that much lagg (depending if you even get the infinity.

[quote user="Soundsia"]

Xbox isn't as limited as the PC

[/quote]

Please tell me that's a typo.

Yeah, but I wouldn't see why not. They should at least squeeze in a few more up to 20-30 players and make the worlds a bit larger and add in the few more things they have left. Xbox isn't as limited as the PC, but they should still be able to put a few more in. Perhaps in a much later update they may add an online worldwide server. I sure hope so. They should also put the chat box back if they do add it. After all, you can use your keyboard USB and type it through the console. We'll just have to wait and see for further updates.