Do you think Treyarch will release any Black Ops 1 maps?

For free or otherwise? I hope so ... from what I've seen of half of the Black Ops 2 maps, they look pretty good, but the original Black Ops maps were ALL enjoyable. I know that Nuketown's been remade, but what about some others?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nothing in life is free and NO. I rather spend money on something new rather than something old with a new color scheme and a few more obstructions.

Some free WaW maps please.

I agree that nothing in life is free, but not with the rest. The "new" factor for maps wears off pretty quickly so I am much more concerned with how they play. For that reason, I'd rather pay for old content that has been proven to be successful than new content that very well could be garbage.

On that note, I'd much rather see some of the very old (pre-WaW) COD maps than Black Ops maps.

[quote user="awtacular"]

Nothing in life is free

[/quote]

Except when free gets more people to buy the product or encourages those who have it to stick around longer. It's more a matter of rather they think they'll make more money that way or selling it in a pack.

Seeing as how the COD community has made it clear they're willing to pay 50% more for map packs, I guess free probably isn't the best business model for them.

^ I agree with you on the WaW maps. Courtyard and Hanger were probably my favorite maps. Would love to see those back.

[quote user="Jagriff"]

I'd rather pay for old content that has been proven to be successful than new content that very well could be garbage.

[/quote] That could apply to buying a new title as well. You never know what your really getting before you buy it aside from some previews and details.

Free has a much broader meaning than price = $0.

[quote user="awtacular"]

[quote user="Jagriff"]

I'd rather pay for old content that has been proven to be successful than new content that very well could be garbage.

[/quote] That could apply to buying a new title as well. You never know what your really getting before you buy it aside from some previews and details.

[/quote]

I think that it can (and does) apply to new games. If I had the choice, I would buy a remake of COD2 over an entirely new COD game (as long as game-life isn't a factor).

I look back on CoD2 and CoD4 and think about how virtually every map on those games were good.  Maybe one "average" map at worst.  MW2 and Black Ops had some really good maps, but some really awful ones to balance it out.  Had great fun when avoiding the awful ones.  Then I look at the other games and I think "wow what happened."

Activision happened.