Do you remember...

...which game was the first you played using the analog sticks of a controller?

For me, it was Ape Escape for the PlayStation. I remember absolutely hating the analog stick, and wanting to use the D-pad again, but now that I'm used to playing with the Analog sticks, I don't think I could ever look back.

Anyone else remember their first Analog game and old experiences with D-pads?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think it was mario cart 64.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Mine was Super Mario 64. Took some getting used to but I remember how cool it was being able to make Mario crawl super slowly.

I think it was between Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 and Super Mario 64 on the N64

Also, I remember playing Ape Escape too on a friend's PS2, how silly it was... :3

I don't remember which game or system but I do remember thinking I needed more fingers and thumbs.

Spyro the Dragon on PS1. It confused the heck out of me for a while.

^^Are you kidding? Spyro the Dragon was one of the games on the PS1 that I had most of my childhood fun besides Crash Bandicoot...

mario..(sha-la-la-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la-la / the title of this is great)

Mine was the Atari 2600 controller, if that's what you're talking about.

The D-pad is still superior with certain kinds of games like fighting games as well as being more precise for things like menus.

Probably the first game I played with an analog stick was Diddy Kong Racing for the N64.

[quote user="Nameloi"]

The D-pad is still superior with certain kinds of games like fighting games as well as being more precise for things like menus.

Probably the first game I played with an analog stick was Diddy Kong Racing for the N64.

[/quote]

I can't play Castlevania HD without the D-pad, and I broke the down direction on one of my controllers that way. Now, I have to test controllers to play that game. Lame d-pad on new controllers, we used to throw nintendo controllers at each other back in the day.