Do You Play Retro Games?

Either downloaded on XBLA, The Game Room, another download service, an arcade place  or an old console? I play a few of my retro games that I downloaded on my Wii from the Wii Store virtual console sometimes when I feel like it. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I play NES once in a while. Makes me remember when games were actually a challenge. Probably the best game ever is Super Mario Bros. 3.

I do have a bunch of old classics on XBLA I enjoy but I don't play very often.  I also have a collection of classics from the Wii VC but I play them even less.

Something I always found funny over the past few years every time I downloaded a classic game I played 10 to 15 years before is that I usually always end up playing the game in the same fashion as I did back in the day.  I guess it's not that strange but playing something for the first time in over a decade & you still remember dying in the same way, getting stuck on stage at the same part, or just making same decisions gameplay wise all come back to you is pretty freaky.

Many old classics on systems from my Spectrum (when I can coax it to life), Ataris, NES, Megadrive, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation etc

Then of course there are classic PC games.

Too much. It's an addiction.

Haha....just spent the better part of last Sunday playing Ocarina of Time on my GameCube.   Still my favorite game to this day.

I used to play in the Game Room but haven't in a long time.  And I still have many arcade games in my "inventory".  It's been MONTHS since I bought one. 

All the time.  I still plug in my NES every now and then.

I've still got my N64 kicking around, but I haven't played it in a little while. Now I'm craving some Rogue Squadron or Star Fox 64 lol.

I love playing Bonk's Adventure on my Turbografx-16, one of my favorite vintage consoles. I use to play Game Room but since the last update, it crashes on me invariably and they also stopped adding games to buy several months ago. And I always buy retro styled games on XBLA when I get the chance.

[quote user="ThriLL KapsuLE"]

I use to play Game Room but since the last update, it crashes on me invariably and they also stopped adding games to buy several months ago. And I always buy retro styled games on XBLA when I get the chance.

[/quote]The Game Room developer Krome Studios closed up shop and is no more.  So I wouldn't count on any future game updates for this.