Do you like the Beta? Tell me why

I have played both the 360 and the PC beta and not sure which I will end up with. I have the PC pre-paid in full, but the controls are easier on the 360 controller.  But I want to know what you think. I have a free Internet radio show about gaming each Sunday. It is a live call in format, and tonight we talk BF3. Join us 10/9c at http://bit.ly/TMO2010 and let us know if you like or hate the beta.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The beta SUCKS!  The most broken piece of trash I have played in a while.

It needs some work. I wouldn't say it's the most broken peice of trash, but I played and nearly liked All Points Bulletin so my opinion means nothing.

So this is just an advertisement for your show? Either way I love the beta, having a lot of fun.

Foam Football,

It is an invite to the show, but also my thoughts on the beta.  I have played every single BF game other than 2142. I would play BC2 over any COD game. So I am not just adverting the show, I am seeking honest opinions first and foremost.

this is a beta, it's really not for you to play but to learn what is going to be comming... so you really need to try everything

it's gotten to the point i let the teams get the mcoms since there really is no reason because your stats are going to be reset.

there are a lot of features disabled and a lot of features your forced to use, like i said the beta is not for you to just play but to learn and for EA / Dice to find out how users are playing the game.

i am really playing it to learn the map and how some of the new features will work... but this is a beta and for all we know things will get changed alot or very little.

But remember this is not a demo or the full game, and really as a beta it's good, i've see other indy games that are alot buggyer.

I'm enjoying the beta, hated it for the first few games, then I adapted to a different game from the previous BF games I'm used to playing. once the finished product releases, I'm looking forward to all the cry babies slowly trickling back in once they realize what the difference between 'beta' and 'final product' is. unlock the PDW's and the game is pure joy.

The BETA is great, however there is some problems with it.  It's pretty hard to get into a game with your squad still in tact and there is a few glitches here and there (After all it is a BETA) like the areas where you can go under the map and slight hit detection problems, and the almighty 'Infinite Loading Screen',  but the core game is great. The movement is extremely fluid (Compared to BBC2), the weapons choice and attachments so far are quite awesome.  Opertion Metro is an amazing map aswell, with great scenery and a  fair balance of Close Quarters and Long Range Engagements it gives you a great idea of things to come. Hopefully the resolve all the glitches in the full game and now I can't wait the see the finish product.,

Seems like the right thread for my question:

Why does unlocked items dissapear?Unlocked a lasersight for ex,next time i played it was gone?

No big deal,its a beta,but am i going to see the lost items again in this beta?

They only thing I don't like is the camping which I predicted would be bad. Everything else ran smooth.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="xxXMIKEY83Xxx"]

Seems like the right thread for my question:

Why does unlocked items dissapear?Unlocked a lasersight for ex,next time i played it was gone?

No big deal,its a beta,but am i going to see the lost items again in this beta?

[/quote]

Not 100% sure, but if you unlock an accessory, like a red dot, for one gun it doesn't automatically unlock a red dot for all of them. You have to unlock each item for each gun individually. If I unlock something for an AK it doesn't mean I unlocked it for an M4 or UMP. That'd be too easy.