Do you feel as overwhelmed by this year's releases as I do?

It seems like this year especially, a lot of fantastic games are all releasing within the same window. I typically buy 4-5 brand new games a year, and not all of them usually release the same year (I'm picky about buying games because I like to spend a lot of time on one game, get my money's worth). Aother reason I don't typically buy a lot is because I know that means I will favor one game and the other will end up being a waste of money.

Suprisingly, the last Xbox 360 game that I bought was Halo Reach ten months ago. I've bought quite a bit of older games on steam (GTAs, KOTOR, CS, BF2, Tom Clancy games) all while they were on some huge sales, but of course, I haven't really played them at all. So between Halo Reach, Steam games, StarCraft II, and Mass Effect, I already feel like I have a lot of games that need more playing, lol.

But looking at this fall, I can't believe the line up of games that I'm really really interested in. I've already pre-ordered Battlefield 3 for this year. I can't believe how close all the other games are though, if anything, there is plenty of time for Deus Ex, but everything seems to be within a week of each other:

(8-23) Deus Ex: Human Revolution
(10-18) Batman: Arkham City
(10-25) Battlefield 3
(11-11) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
(11-15) Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversery

Then early within the new year, there's Star Wars: The Old Republic, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, and Mass Effect 3 (already pre-ordered).

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed? Just too much too quickly?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No.. If im being honest I don't even know a list of release dates ..

Last year I had them all planned out ! This year I couldn't care haha

With 8 or so games in my back log, I don't plan on buying anymore for the rest of the year.  I do like some that are coming out but I'm not buying any.

I know I'm going to be low on money by November, after BF3, Forza 4 and Arkham City (as well as college). >_<

I'm only buying 5 or 6 games this fall. Normally there are between 10 and 12 games I buy over the course of the holiday season. So no, I am definitely not overwhelmed.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Normally there are between 10 and 12 games I buy over the course of the holiday season.

[/quote]Whoa, that's about $700 worth of games!  Wish that was in my gaming budget!

No. I don't feel overwhelmed at all because I have strategically planned out this entire fall already. That includes which game I am Gameflying and which games I am buying and how long I will spend with each game.

This year the only game I WANT is Arkham City.

So many good games plus I'm saving to build my gaming pc.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I'm selling random things on eBay to pay for the 10 games I want before the end of the year. Addicted :P

I already have about 15 games backlogged because I bought them off of ebay for $10, but Its not gonna stop me from buying a whole bunch more this holiday.

There's Skyrim, Batman, Silent Hill, Rayman, BF3, Rage, Deus Ex, Gears of War, witcher 2, Assassins Creed, Dark souls, and Saints Row 3. My backlog is just going to keep growing and growing.

This year is a good year to be a gamer lol.